cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hard to find Fido forum page

thePoodleFarmer
I'm experienced level 1
I'm experienced level 1

... is it so hard to find the Forums when I log in to My Account using my computer. It's a Mac. Sorry.

And why if I bookmark a Forum and click reply when I am not logged in, and then am prompted to log-in does it take so many clicks to get me back to the topic I was trying to reply to.

I would think the Community Support forums would be better supported. Not that the peeps I get to talk to on the phone aren't nice, but getting here for help shouldn't require a visit to the site map.

🐩

9 REPLIES 9

VINI-6
I'm a contributor level 1

I have just spent 70 minutes in those darn "chat boxes" trying to discover why my log-in name and credentials would not be accepted....  normal support could not help, had not guides that could explain the process so transferred to "Technical Support" (45 in line) -  Eventually - after discussion - they could not help as it is being handled by an outside company(outsourced) but did give me a possible path to take.... 

email address     *************@fidomobile.ca

Then I just closed down the sites.   Opened again logged into my account and tried again.  Following a rather strange log-in procedure (this should be SO SIMPLE) It let me in this time and away it went.  As this process seems to have changed each time I am not sure if I will be able to follow the maze the next time I try - but I am a hopeful type of person.  As a communications business, Fido sure need some lessons about interfacing with customers on their web-site.

sprocket999

Find the forum, bookmark the page. Done.

FidoJulien
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @thePoodleFarmer

Thanks for your feedback!  We're working on making the community as accessible as possible!  

thePoodleFarmer
I'm experienced level 1
I'm experienced level 1
Click here
So here is what happened today. 

I opened my Safari Browser, and clicked on History Yesterday .. FM Radio thread I had started.

Thread opens, and a note that session has expired. please log in.

Click on link to login.

get redirected back to the thread. So far so good. 😀

Hit the Reply button

Get redirected to MY Account so I can see a special offer popup window which i have to close to see what my recent bill amount is. Don't know why it takes me here. 😕🤔

Hit the back button to go back to the thread, and it won't go back. Someone writing code broke the back button. 😱

So I click on History Yesterday .. FM Radio thread and it goes there. Like I said, it is a bit circuitous. 🙁

Hopefully the added feedback will help you and the Team. Maybe it can be replicated and someone has an A-Ha 💡moment. And yes, that is an energy saving LED bulb. 🤐

🐩

Thank you very much for the explanation, @thePoodleFarmer

It's greatly appreciated! We'll forward your feedback. Smiley 

Cheers! 

Here is more. I can't help but feel you need to find a better route.

I login here

https://www.fido.ca/pages/#/my-account/overview?easylogin=true

No where on that page when I log in is there a link to Community Forums. It isn't in the Support tab.

Click on Site Map

Scroll way down to Corporate.

There are the Community Forums.

That is why it is so hard to get from where I am to where I want to be. 

Are you pondering what I'm pondering Pinky? 

I think so Brain, but wouldn't putting the Community Forums as a Support option choice scare the cats into heading for the meowtains?

🐩

Indeed Brain, we're looking into it!  

In the meantime, please go on fido.ca to log in, once you're logged in you can go to forums.fido.ca to navigate. 

Stay tuned! 

I finally have a workaround that seems to work. Gets away from the whole redirect and not showing as logged in when trying to reply thing.

Start Browser. 

Fido.ca and login to MyAccount. 

Open New Tab in browser.

forums.fido.ca or pick a page from History. I am consistently staying logged in and not getting redirected in a loop for 5 minutes. When I am done in the Community, close the tab with the Forums and logout on the My Account tab.

Neat and clean and predictable.

I don't know if anyone else has the same issue, or maybe I'm just the "Special". Everything is awesome!

🐩

Thanks for sharing the workaround with everyone, @thePoodleFarmer! Smiley