cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Verification sms code from WhatsApp

Zahra08
I'm a contributor level 1

WhatsApp is unable  sending me the verification code because they couldn't send me the text. Or it says

"If you still haven’t received your code after 24 hours and are unable to verify your account, contact your mobile provider for additional information." 

i don't get any text from them.

IMG_7611.jpeg

It could not  find the number. I tried everything and I had no responses from WhatsApp support. I posted this before and nothing happened since.

Could this be because I changed my sms from

Rogers to Fido  a year ago?

6 REPLIES 6

Zahra08

I never changed my number. I never got a text. It is okay I give up. I contacted whatapp and they didnt helo. I tried here its no help either.. I just tell my folks not to reach me on Whatapp  and move on. Thanks for the help. Have a good summer.

Hello @Zahra08 

Sorry to learn that you are having trouble with your App.

@fidocommunity 

Anyone here experiencing the same issue?

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Zahra08,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear your issue is persisting. To clarify, when you switched from Rogers, had you also change your phone number? If WhatsApp could not find your number, it sounds like your issue might be similar to another community member (see here). If your area code is not available in the databases WhatsApp use to verify numbers, that could explain why they are unable to send the SMS to verify your number. 

Unfortunately, if that is the case, there isn't much that can be done until those databases get updated.

You should note these forums are community-driven and not intended as a venue for customer services.  If you wish to address your matter, you would need to contact customer service. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above. 

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Zahra08

Unfortunately I changed Fido to Rogers.  Since then, I was able to get the verification code. After a year trying to get it while I was with Fido. I think the issue is Fido because since the change to go to Rogers I was able to use the app. Switch to Rogers might be the solution. 

Hello again,

Glad to hear you're finally able to use WhatsApp again. It is definitely a strange issue you were experiencing. I'm guessing it may have had something to do with an incomplete number port?? Though, you haven't mentioned any other service issues you were having after switching to Fido.

I don't think it's a WhatsApp / Fido issue, though, as other Fido customers seem to be able to receive those verifications from the app without trouble. The issue appeared to be specific for your number.

It is unfortunate you needed to port back to Rogers, but at least you're able to use WhatsApp again.

Cheers

Zahra08

Yes. Absolutly. I am not sure why  I couldn't get a SMS message from WhatsApp when I was on Fido. It took a whole year to figure it out,   It must be the activation of my WhatsApp account. There was something preventing. I wish I knew the exact problem but I guess I will never know. 

When I activated my WhatsApp I added my email back so I think perhaps if I turn to Fido in the future I may not have issues because I added my email as another option. I think you could be right about the number too,  anyways, thanks to you and the Fido community so much. If I am going to make recommendations I would def give Fido a five stars because of customer service and web support.

Have a wonderful and safe rest of the summer! 💛🩵❤️😁👋🏾:white_heavy_check_mark: