cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The "5 Extra hours of data" not working / drained all my remaining data

ryeung
I'm a contributor level 1

Here is my experience - clicked on the "Extra Hours of data" on the Fido app, timer came on and counting down. After 30 mins, got text message saying I am low on data. Checked the app and found all my remaining 3.8GB data all used up. What the hell? Is there some bugs in this feature? Now I have to buy additional data. If this feature is not working properly, might as well don't offer it. Sucks!!!!!

2 REPLIES 2

FidoClaudia
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @ryeung,

This is really not the experience we want you to have when using Data Bytes, I get it's not a pleasant surprise at all!  

Did you notice if the Data Bytes session was interrupted at any point during the time you were using it? A session could be interrupted before the 1 hour is up in the following scenarios:  

• if you start to roam or enter an Extended Coverage area after activating the session on the Fido network.
  • if you start a 1 extra hour of data on the Fido network, then connect to Wi-Fi - if you move back to the Fido network and if your 1 extra hour of data is still active (example: you have 30 minutes remaining), you will be able to use the remaining time from your 1 extra hour of data.

Also, is your app up to date at the moment?   

If none of these scenarios occurred, we'll need to take a closer look into it with you. You can contact us here or we can send you a private message on the Community, keep us posted! 

ryeung

Hi @FidoClaudia ,

None of the scenarios you described occurred and I have the latest version of the app. I had a chat with an online agent and he saw the log of my activities during that time but couldn't explain why this happened. He also indicated "Right now it's showing my tracking tool unavailable so it seems that the tech team has already noticed the error. We'll be able to go into more detail around it once the bill is released after the 9th, we always put the pending usage through re-validation before billing to ensure accuracy."

Let's see what the outcome is. Thanks for replying to my post.

Robert