Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fido My Account - iPhone - Your session timed out error

SkGold
I'm a participant level 3

Hello,

I am getting “Your session timed out” error  on the My Account app, on iPhone, every single day. Then app stuck an never loads.

The only fix I found is to delete the app and install it again; but I need to do this several times a day. It is very annoying.

3BD5F7D1-8F40-4148-94EE-C422E165EE51.png

18 REPLIES 18

jessicatonkin
I'm a participant level 1

Hi there,

I'm having the same issues. I just downloaded the app 2 days ago (and newest version of iOS), and I put my number in, receive the code, and put that code in and click on "authorize me" and it continues to say that my session has expired.

I've deleted and re-added the app multiple times, and turned my phone on and off.

I am able to login in if I say I don't have a Fido number, and then I think I login via my internet access - but the app itself doesn't seem to be working.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Hey @jessicatonkin

Welcome to the community Smiley

It seems like you already tried the troubleshooting you could do on your side.  I'll send you a PM so we can take a look at this together.

Talk to you soon!

Thrasher

Hi.  I am having the same problem as others.  Can’t access the app and get session time out error message 

Hey @Thrasher

Did you have a chance to try following the steps I gave you?

Let us know! Smiley

Hey @Thrasher

Welcome to the community Smiley

Are you on the latest version of the app?  Also, did you try deleting the app and then download it again?  Doing that often helps in these situations.

Keep us posted!

Yo_Duh
I'm a participant level 2

I am also getting the same error, 'Your session timed out'. I have tried while on WiFi and on my cell phone network (WiFi off). I do not have Fido mobile service, i have two other services with Fido; the app did work at one point. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling numerous times, yet i always get the same error.

I am using the latest iPhone app (as per the app store), v3.1.8.

Thanks,

YoDuh

Hey @Yo_Duh,

Welcome to the Community!

Thanks for all the information, it helps a lot Smiley

I'll send you a PM shortly to take a closer look at your account.

Mokabean

I am getting the same error. Can't use my free databytes because I can never open the app. 

Hey @Mokabean (cool name by the way!),

Can you make sure you're on the lastest version of the app? We're at 3.1.8 on both OS.

Mokabean

Thanks. All up to date. If I turn my phone off I can use app once when I turn it back on.

Great! Thanks for following up with us on this. 

FidoMegan
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey SkGold! 

Does this happen after you try to log in or when you open the app?

SkGold

Hello. It is happening while opening the app (no login).

FidoStephen
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hey @SkGold,

We'll need to take a look at your account to see what's going on. I'll send you a PM in just a bit!

SkGold

I didn't get PM.

It is happening again now. After that error message the app is stucked and not loading.

My wife has the same issue on different Fido account.

Hey @SkGold,

That's odd! I'm sending you another one right away!

I'll talk to you soon.

Tk97

The same thing is happening to me.. I can't access the app at all after I try to log in, that message just pops up saying "session timed out" I've tried deleting the app and reinstalling it and no difference. please help.

FidoMegan
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @Tk97

I'll send you a PM and we'll check this out. Smiley