cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t turn on wifi calling

MH2013P
I'm a participant level 2

I am trying to turn on wife calling for my iPhone 13 Pro Max. It won't go. I've looked at all the forums no answers. I can't even send a photo here of the error message. 

3 REPLIES 3

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello MH2013P,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear you're having issues activating Wifi-calling on our device. What plan-type do you have? You should note some of the plans do not allow for that feature (ie Basic and Pre-paid plans).

In addition, was your phone purchased from Fido? They tend to only allow certain features, like Wifi-calling, on devices sold by themselves. However, iPhones generally did not have that issue because Apple is a closed system. That said, if the device was not purchased from Fido, you might need to update the carrier settings. Have you attempted to update the phone's carrier settings?

You should note these forums are community-driven and not intended as a venue for customer services. You may need to contact customer service to request they push the carrier settings to your device. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

MH2013P

I bought the phone from fido. I am not on a limited plan i pay for 110gigs of data a month. 

Hello @MH2013P,

Try these troubleshooting methods and see if it helps.

Enable then disable airplane mode.

Turn off mobile data this way the phone is forced to connect to WiFi only.

Reset network settings.

You can also try connecting to a different WiFi network.

Make sure the carrier settings are updated.