cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to convert a non-Fido Samsung phone to a Fido branded phone.

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

*WARNING* This procedure will reset your phone so please back up all your data before attempting this.

So you switched to Fido and want to use your Samsung phone you got from another carrier and you would like to get all the Fido apps and future updates from Fido and get rid of your old provider apps and branding.

Just follow these steps and you can convert your non-Fido Samsung phone to a Fido branded phone.

1. Backup your data because this procedure will reset your phone.
  2. You need to know your phone’s IMEI number, open your phone dialer and type *#06# and make note of the IMEI number.
  3. Open your phone dialer, and type in the following code, and replace the italics text via your phone’s IMEI number. “*#272*Phone’s IMEI Here#”
  4. Your phone will automatically pop up a screen, with some fancy codes all over it.
  5. You will notice some codes with a radio button beside each and every one of it. These are the CSC codes that your galaxy device supports.
  6. All you need to do is select the Fido code which is FMC, and head over back to home.
  7. Now, your device will automatically restart, and factory reset itself.

After it restarts your phone will now have all the FIDO apps and settings just like if you got it from FIDO.

** Edited to add labels **

6 REPLIES 6

hasanmk
I'm a participant level 1

Stumbled on to this post from 2016. Tried it. Did not work for my Samsung Note 9 Sad

Reversals123

Worked like a charm! very much appreciated!!

CP94S
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

Will this work on non Samsung phones?  In particular a Nexus 5?

@CP94S wrote:

Will this work on non Samsung phones?  In particular a Nexus 5?

@CP94S This only for Samsung phones, you have a Nexus phone the best I would say when it comes to Android phones.

Neotex
I'm a participant level 3

Hello,

I have an unlocked S6 that was on telus. Now I'm trying the code

#*272*imei#  but nothing happens when i put the last #  

if i press send, i get  ussd code running, then Unknown application.

My IMEI ends with /28, do i have to put that number in also?

thanks.

Neotex

Found the problem,  it is not #* but *# at the begining.

Smiley