cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use your phone as a WiFi hotspot / USB / Bluetooth tethering

tybrowns
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

To use your phone as a WiFi hotspot, tether it via USB or via Bluetooth, then go to Settings - More networks - Tethering And Portable Hotspot. You can then choose from three options: 1) USB - connect your phone via a USB cable. The phone should automatically configure the correct settings. 2) WiFi Hotspot - To turn your phone into a WiFi hotspot, press Configure WiFi hotspot. You will then be asked to enter a Network SSID (this is your own name for the WiFi hotspot). Then choose Security and lastly, choose a password (this is password for your WiFi hotspot which you will enter on your computer). 3) Bluetooth - With this option, you will need to pair a Bluetooth device with your phone. On the other device, ensure you search for Bluetooth devices and your phone should show up. FYI: The WiFi Hotspot works wonders for if you have a enough data on your mobile network and your home WiFi is not working, it can get you out of a pinch if you need an assignment or a project done online through your laptop or tablet. I tried it and it saved me

***Edited to add labels***

0 REPLIES 0