Wipe cache partition
If the phone is not working correctly, you may need to master reset it and also clear the cache partition. These two resets clear different parts of the phone storage. Unlike a master reset, wiping the cache partition does not delete your personal data.
To wipe the cache partition, follow these steps:
1.Back up all necessary data that is on the internal memory.
2. Turn off the device.
3. Press and hold the Volume Up and the Volume Down and Power keys at the same time for about 10 seconds.
4. An image of an Android lying on its back will appear.
5. Press the Volume Down key twice until "Recovery mode" appears on the screen.
6. Press the Power key to restart in "Recovery mode."
7. An image of an Android with a red triangle will appear.
8. While holding down the Power key, tap the Volume Up key.
9. The Android System Recovery screen will appear. 10. Release all keys.
11. Use the Volume keys to scroll to wipe data cache partition and press the Power key to select.
12. The phone will restart.
Master reset from settings menu
A master reset restores the original factory settings and may delete your personal data on the internal storage, such as downloaded content, ringtones, images, apps, and contacts. It does not delete data stored on the SIM card or SD card.
To perform a master reset, follow these steps:
1. Back up all data on the internal memory. See: Back up & restore.
2. Back up all necessary data that is on the internal memory.
3. From any Home screen, tap the All apps icon.
4. Tap Settings.
5. Tap Backup & reset.
6. Tap Factory data reset.
7. If your phone is password protected, you'll be prompted to enter your Pattern, PIN, or Password.
8. Tap Erase everything.
Turn on and use safe mode
Safe mode allows you to turn on the device with third-party apps disabled. Then you can easily remove all apps that may be causing a conflict or software problem.
Press the Power button on your device.
Touch & hold the Power off option in the dialog box.
Touch OK in the following dialog to start safe mode.
Turn off safe mode
Press and hold the Power button on your device.
Tap the Power off option.
Press and hold the Power button again to reboot the device.
***Edited to add labels***