This is THE place to find answers, ask questions and share advice. Register now to join the conversation!
We’ll help you get started, and be sure to check out the Library; your go-to for how-tos.
Want to know how to make your phone's home button last your daily uses? Here's how!
(with the help of an app)
1. Go to the Google Play Store and search for "Omni Swipe"
2. Install the app and open it
3. Swipe the BOTTOM-LEFT or BOTTOM-RIGHT corner of your phone to access the app's "Toolbox"
4. Press and hold down on the icons and click the "x" on the icon to delete them
5. Click the "+" symbol to add the shortcuts/switchers you wish to utilize
***CLICK THE SHORTCUT THAT SAYS "HOME"***
Now that you've added the "home" shortcut to your toolbox, when you need to exit an app,
you can simply swipe up from the bottom corners of your screen and click on the "home"
shortcut to go back to your home screen. With the help of this app, your home button is
bound to survive for a longer period of time.
(without the help of an app) **Samsung S5 or Newer Only**
1. Go into Settings
2. Find and click "Personalization"
3. Click on "Accessibility"
4. Find and click "Dexterity and Interaction"
5. Click on "Assistant Menu" and turn it on in the top right-hand corner
6. Enable "Single Tap Mode" by clicking "OK" in the pop-up menu
***NOT APPLICABLE TO EVERYONE, IT MAY ALREADY BE ENABLED***
7. Click the little white square that pops up and find the HOME shortcut
8. Click on the shortcut to be taken back to your home screen
This white square is the equivalent to the pop-up menu that Apple products iOS 6 or newer has.
It allows you to use the various functions of your phone's hardware keys WITHOUT using the
hardware keys, and thus preventing the keys from wearing down.
Hope it helps!