cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Don't go over the limit! - Mobile Data Usage

Asemco
I'm a participant level 3
I'm a participant level 3

Having larger than expected bills caused by going over your data limit?  Make sure not to go over by setting data usage caps!

1: Download the Fido My Account app if you haven't already, and log in!  

2: Check your limit there. If you have 1gb, or 2gb, or 5gb, whatever it is, remember it.  You'll need it in a bit.

3: Go to your phone's Settings area and look under the Network tab for Data Usage. (This may be under the Mobile Networks option).

4: Enable the Set Mobile Data Limit option, and set it 10% below your limit that you got in step 2! 

For example, I have 5gb and set it to 4.7.  If I reach 4.7, I can check the Fido My Account app to see how far I am from the limit and if there's a good amount of room, I can turn it off and try to fit in a couple more videos!  Otherwise, I know not to use it for the rest of the period.

This will ensure you have no surprise bills!  You shouldn't go over the limit by accident (unless you remove the cap yourself) and your bill will be a very unsurprising surprise, exactly what you ordered!

*** Edited to add labels *** 

2 REPLIES 2

asaudi
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I have a family plan and I wonder if FIDO can allow me not to allow my data usage to go above my data plan, with no chance to add additional usage to tip ups? Please let me know how this could activiated?

Hey @asaudi,

Welcome to the community!

You can consider changing your plans to one of our most recent deals. Our newest plans include data overage protection, stopping data usage once it' been all used up! 

All of our plans are available online here.

If ever you have other questions, feel free to contact customer care! 😊