Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wifi not connecting?

dbaumann
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

hey all,

so this is the second month in a row where a few days into the billing cycle i'm receiving a text message from fido saying i've used 75% of my data for the month. i have a 500mb data plan, and i can't comprehend how 9 days into the billing cycle i've used up 3/4 of that when the majority of the time i'm using data i'm connected to a wifi hotspot...

prior to last month i've only ever come close to using up the full 500mb by the END of my billing cycle.. i'd never used it fully or gone over, and now i'm suddenly going over halfway through the month? i don't get what's happening.. especially since most of the time it says i'm connected to the wifi in my house...

also, lately it also doesn't show me the possible wifi connections i could connect to.. i have to manually go into settings and connect. so that's weird too..

is anyone else having similar issues?

i feel like it's not actually connected to wifi when it says i am, and in the end i'm being screwed over for that..

any suggestions?

***Edited to add labels***

2 REPLIES 2

10yearfido
I'm an expert level 2
I'm an expert level 2

In Settings-Wifi Networks, make sure "Ask to Join Networks" is on. If it is off, it will not ask you to join unknown networks. 

if it isn't connecting to known networks that you have connected to in the past, you may want to do a restore, as that sounds like a software glitch.

10yearfido
I'm an expert level 2
I'm an expert level 2

As for your data usage, you may want to contact Fido to ask them if hey can detail exactly how much data you used on what days. Might help you pinpoint unusual activity or might help you explain to them that the usage is incorrect. Their data counters are not perfect.