cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

phone is infected by mobiupdate

fido_ott
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I have a Samsung galaxy ace II x. when I try to connect to the internet, I get a screen saying my phone is infected and that I should click OK to scan my phone. Seems to be coming from site mobiupdate.net.

Seems bogus to me but I can't get past it and I don't want to click OK. Anyone come across this before? Any ideas how to get rid of it and prevent it from happening?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

fidoOlivier
Fido Employee
Fido Employee

Hi fido_ott

I came across this post and thought that i'd add a little more information that can be of use to anyone who may have come across similar issue.  Samsung has a Freeware software application which basically does the exact same functions as ITUNES for Apple phones. There are options that of course will be different but nonetheless it does about the samething.

The software is call SAMSUNG KIES. It can be downloaded from any laptop or desktop no matter the manufacture. With such software, sync your phone with it using a USB cable then proceed with a FULL & COMPLETE RESTORE of your device. Bear in mind that the device will go back to the manufacture default setting which mean everything will be erase except for any application that came with the phone at the time of purchase or since the last update.

I ran into similar issue as well but not with the same website & such was able to rectify it. Always make sure that your phone is backup after any new contents are entered in the device because anything can happen at any giving time.

Hope this Helps.

FidoStephen
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Any update on this ?