cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone Battery burnout after 4.2 upgrade

kRaCkrrjAcK
I'm a participant level 2

Since I upgraded to the 4.2 OS version, I have been burning through my battery at an alarming rate. I have had had problems with hanging apps, and my mobile phone has become a plug in to play brick. I am currently getting about 4hrs of battery on standby, and I can easily burn through 50% in 1 hour while listening to mp3 files. It's even faster if I am transmitting on wi-fi, or making calls. Has anyone else come across these issues, and are there any suggestions as to what can be done to correct them?

***Edited to add labels***

2 REPLIES 2

10yearfido
I'm an expert level 2
I'm an expert level 2

4.2 was great for me for battery life. I was averaging about 6 hour of screen on usage. iOS 4.3 has actually degraded my battery life to about 5 hours of usage, but I tried running it down last night to see if that helps. I would suggest you try the same. Drain your battery to the point that it shuts off and then fully recharge it. This is supposed to recondition the battery. If that doesn't help, try a full restore (preferably don't then restore from a backup) and see if that helps.

kRaCkrrjAcK

Thanks! You are right, it was 4.3 that seems to have started the issues. I have been struggling with all the setting on my apps (push notifications, sounds... Etc.) I have not tried draining the battery. That is next before a complete restore and reload from back-up.

All the best,

kRaCkrrjAcK :robotvery-happy: