cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

cant update sim

sabribouiffror
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

every guide fido post to update your sim card online is awful and not up to date how do i change it theres no options on your personal fido account or mobile app 

2 REPLIES 2

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Sabribouiffror,

Welcome to the community!

Firstly, are you attempting to update a SIM card for post-paid or pre-paid services? For post-paid, if you are the account holder, you should be still be able to update your SIM online. I understand they may have changed some of the pathways to access the page. You should be able to update your SIM via your My Account --> View & Manage Usage. That should lead you to your Moble Dashboard. The option to Update SIM card is near the bottom of that page, under Quick Actions. In order to update your SIM card online, you will be required to enter you old SIM card number as well. If you do not have access to your old SIM card, you might need to contact customer service or go to a store.

On the other hand, if you have a pre-paid account, you will likely need to go to a Fido store to update your SIM card. In order to prevent fraudulent SIM card changes, they will need to verify your identity. Unfortunately, there is limited information available with pre-paid accounts to verify.

Hope this helps šŸ˜€

Cheers

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @sabribouiffror,

Welcome to the community!

Are you not able to see the option to update the SIM card? If so are you registered as the account holder or an authorized user if you are registered as an authorized user you will not be able to see that option.

You will have to re-register and this time choose account holder providing you are the account holder.