We have been having issues for the past 24h+ where the wifi-calling, on our FIDO bought devices, has been going off and on randomly. The service has been working for 2.5 years + without any issues, and suddenly started acting up yesterday. It is important to mention that we have TWO PHONES, a S20 and a S21 that are acting up, at the same time. Literally, we will lose wifi-calling, and the other phone immediately, at the exact same time, lose it also. If the signal comes back, it automatically comes back on both phones at the exact same time (maybe a couple seconds difference)
The wifi-calling will go out of service for 5-10-20-30-60 minutes, then comes back randomly for 5-10-20-30-60 minutes, then the whole process starts over again.
We have exhausted all of our options -
- Phones restarted, over and over again, to no avail
- Router restarted, over and over again, to no avail
- Wifi-Calling option in settings turned off and on, to no avail
- Network settings were reset on the phones, to no avail
- Contacted our internet service provider, which was extremely helpful, and ran us through the same stuff we had already done, to no avail
- Reset the router to factory as per our internet service provider, to no avail
- Confirmed with the internet service provider that no devices close to the router could interfere with the signal, to no avail
- Completely reset the phones, to no avail.
- Turning airplane mode on for 3 minutes, then turned back on (as per requested by Fido), to no avail.
Fido has been completely useless in this situation. When on the chat with Fido, even though we explained that it is randomly, and constantly going on and off, the service would randomly come back and the person would say: It is working now, is there anything else I can help you with? Clearly, something is not understood, and we kept telling them that the service will drop soon, and it did many times during the chat, but they would keep coming back to say, when the signal would come back: It is working now, is there anything else I can help you with? They kept asking me if the device was a fido-bought device, even though the question was answered 3 times before, they kept asking the same question over and over again.
After pushing and pushing with Fido, I asked that this is looked into further by Fido, and they created ticket: 156225846A.
It seems that the issue may be on the Fido side, but they have been so unhelpful that we have no idea where to go, or what do to now. This is completely random, and again, started 24h ago. Since then, we've missed calls, had calls with doctors dropped, etc.
I looked into the forums, and it seems that some people had had issues like that years ago, and a couple persons a couple months ago, but this doesn't seem to be something that's happening often.
Is anyone here, from Fido, that can escalate this further and get this looked into? If this helps, we are in Riviere-a-Pierre, Quebec.