cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vivaz Pro Freezing, black screen while the phone is still on.

GrainofSpark
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I've tried all the normal routes - restarting, pulling the battery - nothing works.

My phone "crashed" during my text conversations, and it remained "on". However, after turning it off, and on again, the screen refuses to turn on. The phone itself is on, as the keyboard and the three buttons lights up, but the screen shows nothing. I can still feel the vibrations when someone texts me, but other than that, it shows no indications.

I have never dropped my phone, nor has it been wet. It was working just fine seconds before,  out of nowhere when I slided the keyboard out to check the text i got, this happened.

***Edited to add labels***

3 REPLIES 3

ram
I'm a participant level 2
These phones seem to have the same problems, I have two for my teens and thier having the same problems and fido is giving the same solution that doesn't work to fix the issue, I've sent both phones for repair and both came back with the sorftware updated, and still have the problem of turning of in conversation. The other solution fido reps give is to buy another phone at full price with fido dollars or you can buy one else where.

kherbst

I have had the same issue and my phone has been in for the "software" updates which haven't helped. The Vivaz Pro is just defective! Sorry I know this doesn't help but at least you know that you are not alone in dealing with the Vivaz Pro problems.

FidoJudhy
Former Moderator
Former Moderator
Hello GrainofSpark,

I am sorry to learn of your handset difficulties.

From what I know, it seems like your handset is defective.

I would suggest bringing it in to a Fido store that offers the Repair & Loaner service. They will be able to look at your handset, try to fix it and if they can't, they will be able to send it in for repair and lend you a phone in the meantime.

You can find the closest store from you here:

http://www.fido.ca/storelocator

I hope this helps!