cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visual Voicemail Plus "You are not subscribed to the service"

PeterHol
I'm a participant level 2

I have an HTC One S android phone which is supposedly supported by Fido for Visua Voicemail Plus. It comes preinstalled on the phone. Since subscribing to the service I get constant messages that I have not subscribed and to call customer service. This I have done three times. The first two were to agents that had no answer. The third agent told me to uninstall the app, turn off the phone then reinstall it later. Alas I cannot uninstall the app, only uninstall the updates. This I did and updated once again to exactly the same impasse. It just does not work. I do get a message with an audio attachment and that is an improvement over the dial-in service but it is not what Fido promised with the subscription. As the new service costs the same $11 as the old one I am not charged more but it is frustrating.

I see that on the Fido web site you can download the app but only for Iphone. Is is possible that the android service is either flaky or unsable?

***Edited to add labels***

10 REPLIES 10

FidoAmandaH
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hi PeterHol,

On Android devices, the option for voicemail will be the Premium Voicemail-To-Text. (You can listen to and READ messages without dialing into your Voice Messaging service. It is available for any mobile phone that supports Picture and Video Messaging). The Visual Voicemail is similar to an email inbox and displays messages for easy access but it is only available for iPhones.

The Visual Voicemail for Android was no longer offered since September 18th 2013, if the option you have was added before this date, I would suggest to speak again with the tech department to solve the issue asap

PeterHol
Client since Nov. 2010 but this service started a few weeks ago. Where do I find Premium Voicemail to Text? It is not in the Playstore under that name nor can I find it on the Fido web site.

Hi PeterHol,

Please contact a customer service rep to verify if the Premium Voicemail to Text is activated on your account! It would only take a few minutes (chat or phone) Smiley

asu970
I'm a participant level 1

I should say few hours...probably days...

alexge

Hi, did you figure out the issue with "Visual Voicemail Plus" not working?

I have the same issue with a new Nexus 6p device.

Thanks

FidoRanya
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey alexge, 

Welcome to the Community Smiley 

The Visual Voicemail Plus is no longer supported for Android since September 2013, this could be the reason you're experiencing issues with your new awesome phone! . You can get the Voicemail to Text option instead.

What do you think? 

Kjp1
If this service is no longer active then why did they activate it when i did a phone upgrade 6 months ago. That atleast explains why the service sucks for vvm. I joined fido june 2013 and have been paying for a poor service

FidoRanya
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @Kjp1

What's not working properly for you when it comes to the voicemail? 

Kjp1
1- i dont get notified when there is s message.
2- sometimes even when i check for new message on vvm it doesnt show up till days after.
3- i have not been able to listen to message through ear to phone have to play it on speaker and this did work for the first month and after updating app on old phone it never work there after and on new phone its never worked either.
4- the who called part works once in a bluemoon to notify me of missed calls.

The only reason i have it was because i was told its the next option up from the basic voicemail of 3 messages, thats not good for business if they cant leave a messagewhen im busy.

FidoRanya
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

It sounds like you don't have the proper voicemail set up! I'll send you a PM so we can look into this @Kjp1 Smiley .