cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text Messaging...

monicamc
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I am wondering if someone can answer a question for me as I've searched the entire website and boards and can't seem to find an answer to this question.

Is there areas for text messaging like there is calling areas, or is it all included canada or even province wide?  Just wondering as I just hooked up a Fido and use text a lot but was told that b/c I live in Chilliwack my only local calling area is Chilliwack - is it the same with texts or no?

Just wondering if I am going to be charged for texts I send to friends in Abby, Surrey, Langley, etc with my "unlimited" texting. 

Would like to know before I get the first bill...

Thanks!

***Edited to add labels***

2 REPLIES 2

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've never heard of text messages being limited to local calling areas ever. I've been told that text messages can be sent anywhere within the country ie if your from toronto you can send a text to a montrealler.   the only exception is sending outside of Canada ie to the usa.  Data also follows the same rules believe it or not,  you can use data anywhere in the countrys footprint.   Hope this helps.

Hey there, 

Just to male it official, Paolo is 100% right. While within Canada, no additional fees apply to data or texts (texts sent within Canada). The only exception is overusage.  

Thanks Paolo