cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tablet unlock code

mail2rst
I'm a participant level 3

I bought Tablet last month on two year contract from FIDO. That tablet is locked with FIDO network. When I try to put another company Sim it is asking me for network unlock code. Is as per CRTC all equipment bought from cell providers are not unlocked? From where I get this unlock code? Is FIDO provide me unlock code free or they ask me fee for that. Please guide me. I have IMEI number of that tablet & my account is active & that tablet attached to active account. Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

FidoKenny

Hey @mail2rst and thanks for reaching out Smiley

I would like to inform you that as of December 1, 2017, there are no wait periods or fees to unlock your device. Devices sold after December 1, 2017 should already be unlocked.

If you purchased your tablet before that date, it's definitely possible that it's still locked under the Fido network.

In order to have your device unlocked, you will need to speak with a representative.

Youc can find all the channels to contact us here.

We can also send you a PM here on the Community. Let us know what's best for you.

DM2019
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I have an old cell from Fido that I need to unlock (I've just upgraded to a new Fido cell).  How do I unlock my old cell phone?

Hey @DM2019 ,

Welcome to the Community!

It would be the same for a tablet and a mobile phone. You can refer to the thread's solution above for your answer Smiley

Let us know!

mail2rst

Please send me private message, I will provide you all required information in reply. Thanks

It's coming your way.

Talk to you soon.

mail2rst
Thanks for giving me unlock code