Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Mini Pro - Internet Problems

FidoBJ
I'm a participant level 2

Hello everyone!

I just bought an unlocked Sony Xperia X10 mini pro. I called Fido and put in the APN settings as follows:

APN: wap.fido.ca

Proxy: 205.151.011.011

Port: None

Username: fido

Password: fido

MCC: 302

MNC: 370

I still cannot get internet connectivity.  No 3G icon pops up. 

Otherwise, the phone works fine for texting and voice.  The phone frequencies are GSM 850, 900, 1800, 1900.

Am I missing something? 

***Edited to add labels***

6 REPLIES 6

Tru
Fido Employee
Fido Employee

Hey everyone!

Although this thread is quite old, I'd like to update it since I came across it. The originals APN settings that FidoBJ describe here are for non-smartphones. If you have an unlocked device and wish to use it on our network, I invite you to click here.This will bring you to our page where all the details about our network frequencies and settings are described with a quick guide on how to set everything in your phone.

Hope it helps!!!

YYZgayguy

Can anyone confirm that they have this model, that they've inserted a Fido SIM, that "3G" appears onscreen?

If YES, what mods did you make to the phone to get it working?  I believe APN settings alone will NOT fix this problem.

On mine (actual model is U20i), with original firmware or with various custom ROMs, I always get:

- In Mobile Networks, Fido appears with "2G" icon in list

- In Mobile Networks, no other network is offered

- this behaviour does not change with "APNs" created, listed, selected or simply absent.

If you have got 3G working on Fido with a Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini Pro (model U20i, from sticker behind battery or from "About Phone in Settings) , please tell us how.

Many thanks (although I doubt anyone has succeeded).

Anonymous
Not applicable

Like other phones, there are also 2 versions of this model for different markets as well.  The one for europe has HSDPA 900 / 2100, the one for north america has HSDPA 850 / 1900 / 2100.

I would like to stress that this has nothing to do with the  APNs inputted. it matters what version of the hardware you purchased or obtained.   Check the box or the owners manual or the about phone settings to see if you can find out which frequencies the phone supports.  This is highly important to know when buying a phone as if you do not put the effort into doing this, you will end up buying a glorified 2G phone.

Another important thing to know, there IS a KNOWN flaw in the north american version as well where the 3G will loose.  some people are doing a master reset / master clear and have reported some success, some have had to return it to the manufacturer for a warranty repair.  This situation can not be fixed by solutions posted on the internet, it must be looked at by a service centre.

FidoBJ

Hi Silentbuddha!

Thanks for replying so soon.

I'm looking at that board.  Do I need to put in all three separate APNs like what Rockhound did?

I can't even make the 3G box appear on the top.  It keeps saying "cannot connect.

I also notice when I put in these APNs, after I try "settings download, download settings for internet and MMS", when I quickly go back to APN, my inputted APNs become "uncircled" and a SEMC-GPRS kicks in.  It then disappears after it can't connect. 

Could you make anything out of that?

silentbuddha
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

The quickest way to resolve the issue would be to go to a fido store and check out the fido Acer Liquid E or the Nexus S and see how the settings are inputted...then do the same on the your Smiley