Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending Pictures

JasonLGL7
I'm a participant level 1

Hi,

I have an LG Optimus L7 and the $25.00 montly plan (includes unlimitted text and some calling but no data)

When i try to send or receive a picture over messaging i cannot receive/send the picture.

i am connected to wi fi and it still doesnt send/receive pictures. (data is turned off)

If i turn on my data switch the pictures will now be able to be received/sent

I am wondering if i will be charged extra since i turned on the data switch to receive a picture (even though my plan states free incoming and outgoing picture messages

Thank You

***Edited to add labels***

4 REPLIES 4

Nighteyes
I'm a contributor level 1
I'm a contributor level 1

Cellular data must be enabled for picture messages to work since the picture/video is sent over the data connection. You should not be billed for extra data charges since picture messages are billed separately from data. If you or your phone do try to use data you should receive a message asking you to buy a data pass.

malim

I am having the same issue. If the data is disabled and even though I do have the Unlim. Picture Messaging, the phone doesnt allow me to send picture messages. Only when the data is ENABLED, only then would the phone send the MMS.

As you have mentioned it uses data,however MMS is an old thing and the old phones weren't really connected to data back in the day or were they. I guess they were with Edge you could still access mobile website.

I want a confirmation from  a FIDO representative that it uses data but we don't get billed, because I have noticed that in my phone's Data Usage tracker it shows that data is used for sending MMS.

Anonymous
Not applicable
ps some phones will NOT distinguish data usage from mms and internet.

Anonymous
Not applicable
when u turn off DATA, you turn off the INTERNET access point, as well as the MMS access point. you need to turn on data to send MMS even though its billed seperately,. once again mms and internet are billed SEPERATELY.