cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No charger for Samsung phone

moontune
I'm helpful level 1
I'm helpful level 1

So I just ordered a Samsung phone for my wife and it arrived. Imagine opening it and not being able to use it. Do I feel like an **bleep**. No charger with it. Fido were so good and it all came quickly but very dissappointed she cannot even turn it on.

Should have stuck to apple as I have axtra chargers. Now I have to return it and waste so much time.

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Moontune,

Sorry to hear your wife's device did not come with a charging block as expected. However, many manufacturers have decided not include them. In fact, I think Apple was the first to stop including them with devices (see here). 

That said, the devices do come with USB charging cables. Your wife should be able to use the cable with most USB charging blocks. Are your charging blocks USB-A? I understand some Apple blocks might require USB-C plugs. She should also be able to get a USB-C to USB-C charging cord and use one of your extra chargers (if USB-C). While the device might not charge as quickly as with a Samsung charging (or similar) block, it should still be able to charge. Alternatively, USB charging blocks are readily available at many places.

In addition, she should be able to plug it into a USB port on a computer and charge it that way as well. While, not ideal, it should charge.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers