cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Q - Oh, well this is bad.

FidoFanTM
I'm a contributor level 1

Well I recently got a Samsung Galaxy Q. Really good phone, I like it. Though, I think I did a pretty stupid mistake. I used the pattern lock feature as a security feature, however I think I "messed" it up, and now I can't unlock my phone. I tried entering my google account, but no luck. For some reason it always says "Invalid Username or Password" even though it works. I tried it o my laptop and it works, so I know for sure that it's some sort of error or bug on my phone. 

I've tried all ways, but no luck. I called customer care, they said they couldn't do anything. Basically my phone is screwed at the moment from the way this is going. I just got this phone two weeks ago. Any other possible way to get rid of the pattern lock? Could the stores provide a replacement if possible? 

***Edited to add labels***

3 REPLIES 3

WickyLeBlond
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1
- Enter wrong pattern 5 times and wait for 30 seconds.
- Select “Forgot pattern” and enter your gmail account username and password.
- Make sure you use the same account that was used to activate the phone and double check the password by logging in to that Google account in a browser.

Kmiller22
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Thank you.  I am trying to do this, but it keeps saying 'invalid username and password'?  Anyway to bypass the google password?

BT

try calling the phone, pick up the call on it and then end it, and it might send you to the homescreen...im not entirely sure just a suggestion