cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy A70 connection issues in car

marilyn3
I'm a participant level 2

Hey Fido community,  My Samsung Galaxy A70 used to connect, no problem, to my car but now it stopped connecting. I've tried all the suggestions found on the internet with no results. I thought it was a car problem but then I experienced the same problem in 3 other cars! The App is Android Auto. Is anyone else having this problem?

3 REPLIES 3

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @marilyn3,

Try uninstalling the updates for Android Auto and see if it will connect to the vehicle again.

marilyn3

Thank you for your suggestion. I have already tried uninstalling the android app and reinstalling it. Sadly that did not fix the issue. 

Hello Marilyn3,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear you're having issues connecting to Android Auto. How do you connect your phone to the car? Via cable or wireless? If you connect your phone via a USB cable, have you tried to connect using a different cable? If not, you might consider trying with another cable (data capable; not too long)(see here). It's possible your cable became damaged with repeated connections/disconnections.

On the other hand, if you normally connect wirelessly, have you tried to connect using a USB cable? Have you tried to remove the bluetooth pairing of the device from the car and your device and re-pairing the them?

Do you get any errors when trying to connect your phone to the cars? Is your phone able to connect to the car (without Android Auto) for calls? Are your vehicles capable of using Android Auto? As far as I am aware, Google removed the ability to use the feature on a device. They now require the feature built-into the car's head unit.

I understand you have already tried uninstalling and re-installing the app, however, have you also tried to clearing the cache as well?

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers