cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purolator Tracking says Unable to deliver - returned to sender

gelatodessert
I'm a participant level 2

I ordered a new tablet and got a confirmation email with a Purolator tracking number shipping to Ottawa. I check the tracking number last night, and it has just arrived in the sort facility in Toronto, so it looks all good. I sign up for email notifications. 

I got no email notifications today, and didn't think much of it... until I just opened up the tracking and see an "Unable to deliver - returned to sender" written at 6:27am this morning, then apparently has been assigned a new tracking number and is already at the Montreal sort facility. 

I understand that due to Covid there would be delivery delays and I'm not expecting the delivery so soon. Waiting longer for the delivery is not the issue. However, I am frustrated that Purolator claims to have made a delivery at 6:27am, didn't notify me at all beforehand (after I signed up for notifications), didn't hear any delivery attempts (I have been at home the whole time all day these past 2 days), and is already returning it to sender. 

Would Fido be able to re-ship the tablet and try using Canada Post instead? I'm quite frustrated by its lack of professionalism, and I don't want to have to sit at home by the door for days wondering if/when it'd show up. I don't have a car (or access to one), and if they do leave the package somewhere else for me to pick it up, it would be so much more inconvenient than if I had just requested to walk the 2 hours to a fido store and pick it up the new tablet there. 

I've never had an issue with receiving deliveries from Canada Post before. 

Thank you. 

2 REPLIES 2

gelatodessert

Just wanted to update this thread, for the benefit of anyone else who run into similar issues in the future: 

After contacting Purolator a few times regarding why there was supposedly only a single delivery attempt and it occured at 6:27am, they said that the delivery was never attempted and insisted over and over again that it was because the shipper who requested the item back, denying any responsibility or fault. 

With a quick google search, it was clear that Purolator consistently doesn't actually make the deliveries successfully, and people advised to just not bother dealing with Purolator at any cost. It was not possible to request for another another delivery service, so I ended up re-ordering the same tablet for pickup and walked the 2 hours for the pickup. I just wished I knew in the first place which delivery service I'd be dealing with when I placed the order so I would've been able to make an informed decision and not have had to go through the stress. Now I know for next time. 

FidoAnthony

Hey @gelatodessert,

That definitely sounds odd. We'll be happy to take a look at your account. I'll go ahead and send you a private message so we can get started! 

We hope to talk to you soon!😃