Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem for calling

Lakshay78
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Dear FIDO Team,

I recently moved from India to Canada. I have purchased a FIDO sim as Shopper suggested that it will work fine on my phone. But when I inserted the sim in my phone, the Internet was working fine, but I am not able to do any call and if someone is calling me, it is directly routed to voicemail. I request you to please help me out. Internet is working fine, and I am getting Signals on my Phone.
Mobile Model and Specification:- Honor 9N(4GB/64GB)

2 REPLIES 2

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Lakshay78,

Welcome to the community!

Unfortunately, I don't think that phone will work on the networks for calls. Depending on the source of specifications, these could also be the specifications for that phone:

2G bands GSM 900 / 1800 - SIM 1 & SIM 2
3G bands HSDPA 900 / 2100
4G bands 1, 3, 5, 40, 41

~taken from here.

This source also corroborates those band/frequency specifications. According to those specifications, your phone would not have any compatible 2G or '3G' bands/frequencies. As already mentioned, that phone would only have one compatible LTE band/frequency. Since the device is from abroad, it's unlikely it would be supported for voice-over-LTE (voLTE).

Not what you wanted to hear, but hope this helps 😀

Cheers

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @Lakshay78,

Welcome to the community!

For your device to work on the Fido network it requires 

GSM, UMTS, HSPA and HSPA+ at 850 MHz.

To access LTE, the device must be compatible with one or more of the following:

• 700 MHz on Band 12;
  • 850MHz on Band 5;
  • 1900 MHz on Band 2, Band 25;
  • 1700/2100 MHz on Band 4, Band 66;
  • 2600 MHz on Band 7.

From what I can gather from the information you provided your device have these bands:

2G bands GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 - SIM 1 & SIM 2

3G bands HSDPA 900 / 2100 

4g bands 1, 3, 5, 40, 41

While your device has the required band for the GSM network you should note that Rogers has started discontinuing the GSM network which was to end in 2020 but should be fully discontinued at the end of 2021.

Your device also only has one band for the 4G/LTE network unless you are in an area that uses that band your phone will not work. The model of the phone that you have is incompatible with the Fido network and you would need to get a phone that has the required band/frequencies to work on the Fido network.