Picture Messaging and an old phone

SOLVED
cp32
I'm a Participant Level 1

Hello,

I have an old Motorola v235 on Pay and Talk.  Occasionally people send me picture messages and it comes up with an error saying I am trying to use an app that is not authorized.  I get a subsequent text message with the picture and an option to download but it never downloads successfully.  Considering the phone and the plan I am on, is there any way I can simply forward picture messages to a personal email address or my "Fido" mail to be opened once I get to a computer?

Thank you

***Edited to add labels***

Accepted Solution

Re: Picture Messaging and an old phone

Solved by Community Manager

Hi cp32,

It sounds to me as though you may either have MMS or data blocked in your account. In order to send/receive a picture message, your phone does require access to the internet to download / upload. 

Unfortunately it's not possible to retrieve them from a computer or to forward them. You may alternatively ask the sender to send it to your email address. 

I may suggest contacting customer service to see if there are any blocks on your account that would be causing this.

View solution in context
1 REPLY 1
FidoStephen
Community Manager

Hi cp32,

It sounds to me as though you may either have MMS or data blocked in your account. In order to send/receive a picture message, your phone does require access to the internet to download / upload. 

Unfortunately it's not possible to retrieve them from a computer or to forward them. You may alternatively ask the sender to send it to your email address. 

I may suggest contacting customer service to see if there are any blocks on your account that would be causing this.