Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personal Email +BBM add on issues

kykiske
I'm a participant level 2

Hi there,

I have been using the $15 personal email + bbm add on.  Prior today, I could use some applications which required data (mainly whats app, and some others that required minimal data) but i have never been able to surf the web without going on wifi.

Today, my apps that required data suddenly stopped working. 

Can anyone shed some light on this?

I do not have a data plan, but i have always been able to use these apps with just that personal email /bbm add on.

Thanks!

***Edited to add labels***

4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

RIM will periodically send or update the service books on your handset. These service books will tell the handset what applications you Can and Can't use.  It's definitely possible you may have been able to use some apps because the service book maybe wasnt installed on your handset or you had an older one on your handset and rim decided to replace it.   lets say you changed your data package to one that includes surfing, then new service books will download on your handset automatically and your browser and other apps will be enabled.   hope this helps.

kykiske

Thank you for your help. 

Do you happen to know if it is possible to revert the books to what I had before they were upgraded?

Anonymous
Not applicable
dont think so man, if it was that easy then everybody would be exploiting blackberry.

kykiske

I see.  Thanks for your help bud