cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mms issues

richgreg
I'm a participant level 3

I recently added my wife's galaxy S6 to the fido network and am experiencing frustration sending and receiving MMS. I've gone over the APN settings countless times and still can't fix the issue. The sent messages go through about half the time, and received only seem to work when the messaging app is open to the contact that's sending the message. When I send her a picture from my phone, I usually end up with a rejection message several minutes later.  The phone was with bell before and never had any issues at all. Any help would be appreciated. 

7 REPLIES 7

FidoCharles
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @richgreg

Welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear about all that. I've got some questions for you Smiley

The device is fully unlocked correct?

Make sure that the Mobile Data are also enabled in the settings.

Is your wife able to send herself a MMS?

richgreg

It is fully unlocked and yes mobile data is enabled. I haven't tried sending a message to myself though, will attempt that asap. Phone calls and browsing work fine, it's only mms. Any ideas on what can cause this? 

Thanks for the update @richgreg !

Can you try to send an MMS from her phone to herself and tell us if it works ? 

richgreg

Yes, the phone receives mms when sent to itself. 

Thanks for testing it out!  That's good news! 

In which format are you sending the MMS from your phone? Can you try to send it in the smallest size to see if it has an impact?

richgreg

Pictures are in jpeg format when selected from my gallery, then compressed to an average of 130kb

Thanks for all the info @richgreg

I'll send you a PM on here in a moment, we'll take a deeper look into it with you Smiley