cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Memory card for SE Vivaz Pro?

T43
I'm a contributor level 1

Memory cards can be micro SD, or micro SDHC, and, Class 2, Class 4, Class 6, or Class 10.  What type must I get to replace the stock 2GB card with one of larger capacity?  Thanks,

***Edited to add labels***

5 REPLIES 5

FidoJohn
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hello T43,

Welcome to the Fido technical community,

The MicroSD and MicroSDHC up to 32GB should both be supported for this device.

I hope this helps,

T43

Thanks, FidoJonathan.  I suspect that not many users bother to change the memory card, which may mean that 2GB is plenty for most purposes.  With so many seemingly different types available, it is comforting to think that virtually any micro will work should I want to go that route.

Grandizer
I'm experienced level 3
I'm experienced level 3

I just wish to add that the different classes you see for SDHC cards denote write speeds for the card. The higher the class the faster the write speeds are.

mayhamfx
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2
When I went to the Sony Ericsson site they specify a "Scandisk 16GB" microsd hc card as the maximum size. The Scandisk 16GB card is a class 4. I had a 16GB class 2 card in mine and had some issues but I can't prove that it was the problem. BTW, higher numbers for faster cards.

Grandizer
I'm experienced level 3
I'm experienced level 3

@mayhamfx wrote:
When I went to the Sony Ericsson site they specify a "Scandisk 16GB" microsd hc card as the maximum size. The Scandisk 16GB card is a class 4. I had a 16GB class 2 card in mine and had some issues but I can't prove that it was the problem. BTW, higher numbers for faster cards.

The Vivaz Pro can utilize microSDHC up to a maximum of 32GB according to both user manual and tech specs. Currently my brother has an Adata 16GB class 6 in his and has no issues with it.