cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost SIM Card and I'm overseas

dd89
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I lost my SIM card and I can't find it anywhere. I'm located in Australia for 2-month business trip.

Is there any chance fido can mail a new SIM Card? Or can I authorize a friend to go to a fido store and receives the SIM on my behalf?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

patrickchan
I'm experienced level 1
I'm experienced level 1

step 1: contact fido make sure account is protected by deactive the sim

step 2: order new sim, and mail it to friend/family in your area

step 3: once u return , go get the sim, and contact fido to activate the sim (or goto the store)

step 4: return to canada safe.

FidoAmanda
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey dd89!

That's too bad about your SIM card!

It would be a good idea, in this case, to add a service restriction to your line to make sure no one can use your SIM card if they find it. You can do this through your My Account profile. The restriction can be removed at the same time a new SIM card is activated on your line. 

As much as we would like to, we don't have a way to send you a SIM card abroad, but, anyone can head into a Fido store and get a new SIM card. You could have a friend pick up a new SIM card for you and then ship it to where you are staying.

Once you receive your new SIM card, you can reach out to us to activate it and to remove the service restriction.

This is normally something you can do yourself through My Account but since you need to confirm the old SIM card number in order to activate the new one, it's something we'll need to give you a hand with. 

Hope this helps!