cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lg g4 loses cellular signal completely randomly

Award88
I'm a contributor level 1

Hi, my lg g4 loses its cellular signal randomly for a second and then I get a full 4 or 5 bars afterward. This is annoying because I constantly drop calls. I changed my preferred network to GSM/HSPA/LTE auto to simply GSM/HSPA auto and that hasn't helped. Although my signal is much stronger. However, I still lose the signal every now and then. I have no clue what I should do?

29 REPLIES 29

erdemkiyak
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Thank you for the question, I am having the same problem with LG G4 as well.

Couldn't catch an answer from the conversations,

Hi @erdemkiyak & welcome to the Community!

Have you had the chance to test a different SIM card in your phone to see if the issue persists? Let me know. Smiley

boriscolin
I'm a participant level 2

Hi,

I'm having the exact same issue since I switched to Fido. My LG G4 starts randomly losing network connection for about 2 seconds before going back up with all full bars of reception. When stucked in this loop, these 2 to 3 seconds network drops happen every couple of minutes, making it impossible to have a phone call and very frustrating to use data. If I reboot my device, it looks fine for a moment but this issue always come back sooner or later. I also realized that if I try to do a speed test using the Fido app, it will automatically result in a network drop and I'm automatically back in the network-drop-every-5-minutes loop. I went to a Fido store and my SIM card has been changed and my APN settings were double checked. Still happening. My unlocked G4 was purchased at Koodo and I got confirmation that Fido is using the same LTE bands as Koodo so the issue should not be coming from here also. I'm currently out of ideas on why this is happening. All previous answer don't seem to show that a final fix has been found or am I mistaken?

Hi @boriscolin!

Would you happen to have another phone in which you can test your SIM card to see if it's the network the issue?

QuentinMontreal

Hello, I have exactly the same issue. LG changed 4 times my motherboard and the issue still the same. But for me it append only when I'm connected with my car bluetooth. I clearly see the network dropoff then the cross for no network and only few seconds later a full signal.

Do you have a solution fir this? Thanks

Hey @QuentinMontreal

Welcome to the Community Smiley 

Have you tried your SIM in another phone to see if the issue persists? 

Have you also tried @Award88's suggestion? 

Keep us in the loop! 

QuentinMontreal

Thanks,

Yes I tried the Award88 suggestion but the issue still there..

I don't have another phone unlocked to try.

Any ideas @Community ? 

Did you find anything online about other users having this issue @QuentinMontreal 

Award88

Mostly outdoors, but occasionally happens indoors as well. When I am on WiFi calling there is no issue.