cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG Xenon does not detect Fido network

WickyLeBlond
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

I don't know if anyone can help me, but I'm having problems with my LG Xenon. It's stuck in Emergency Mode only, yet it has full bars. And when I try to set the network manually, all I get is 302880 (O). I've tried battery pulls and factory resets to no avail.

***Edited to add labels***

3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

Of course its not going to connect to fido network. 302-880 is the Telus 3G network, your phone wont connect to it because you need to connect to 302-720 which is the fido/rogers network.  If you dont see it, your outside the coverage zone and should move to an area where there is coverage and try again.

I'm not sure if you know how cellphones work, but you MUST be in the Rogers/Fido network coverage area for them to work and get signal and make calls.  if your not in the coverage, you can still dial 911 when the SOS/Emergency calls only shows, that means your phone will make an emergency call using another comanies network but thats it.

WickyLeBlond
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

I very much know how cellphones work. The issue is that I am in a Rogers/Fido coverage area (my Xperia Play on the Fido network is connected with no problems).

If the issue would have been as simple as just going to a network covered area, then I wouldn't have bothered anyone here. The issue really is that the device does not detect the network at all.

Hey WickyLeBlond,

Have you tried contacting technical support about this? Maybe a resend to switch would help? There may be blocks on the account as well.

I would suggest contacting them to see if there is anything wrong with the account.

Let us know how it goes! Smiley