cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG Gossip Pulling my hair out

Gray
I'm a participant level 1

Have had the phone for a few months now and no incident until this evening of this post;

Problem number one: Talking on the phone and BOOM call is dropped and the phone shuts off

Problem number two:  Talking on the phone and the call is dropped and phone dies; but hey a new twist --> When I turn the phone on I have the call divert symbol appearing and I have a hell of a time trying to remove the call forwarding because with this new problem no can call me because they get diverted to the mailbox.  Once I manage to get rid of call divert I would be able to get a call but then after a few minutes the call is dropped but the phone does not shut off AND every time I try to dial out I get a SERVICE UNAVAILABLE !

So before I launch this pathetic device into orbit and seriously start considering my options can anyone help with this and please master resets, r2d2 reboots, reinstall os and whatever else I HAVE TRIED many times over.  This unit is not even 6 months old and I am really at wits end with the unit and the carrier.

Oh and if anyone from FIDO is reading this, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't call for promotions of Internet Sticks, maybe you guys should start promoting PHONES (things that (and I am speaking of myself) I need).

Thanks in advance....Frustrated !

***Edited to add labels***

3 REPLIES 3

FidoJudhy
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hello everyone,

@ Gray:

It seems that you have already tried everything possible to fix your issue. At this point, I would suggest that you go in store to benefit from the repair and loaner service.

They will be able to send your phone to LG for it to get repaired and lend you a phone while yours is away.

@ zxc:

Have you tried a battery pull and a master erset of your device? If so, I would suggest that you proceed with the repair as well.

Let us know how it goes!

zxc

woww I have the same problem...

tor0nt02011
I'm a contributor level 1
I'm a contributor level 1

Same problem here, and it's a one month old phone, NEVER been dropped. Worst phone i've ever owned!