cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G6 Can't Receive Texts

ChrGriffin
I'm a participant level 2

I recently bought an LG G6 (moved away from iPhone). At the same time I also moved to Fido as my previous carrier wouldn't support the LG G6.

In my first month or so, what I have found is that I only seem able to receive texts from Fido itself (I received two texts warning me about data usage, for example). However, I know for a fact certain contacts have texted me (from iPhone or Android) and I have not received their texts at all.

I'm using the core Messaging app, version 6.0.42, and my OS is Android 7.0.

EDIT: Also, just this evening, I took it into a Fido location and asked them to check it in person. The associate got me a new SIM card and ensured all my network settings were correct. The issue remains unresolved.

EDIT 2: I tried download the Android Messages app and using it. The issue remains unresolved.

6 REPLIES 6

FidoGabrielle
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @ChrGriffin

Were you able to fix your issue?

Let the community know!

FidoClaudia
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @ChrGriffin,

Welcome to the Community Smiley

That's definitely odd!

In addition to KAPABLE-K's question, can you please let us know if any of your contacts received the text messages that you have sent them?

Also, are you able to place/receive calls and use data without any issues? Did you check to make sure that your phone's memory is not full as well?

Finally, could you tell us if your number was ported in and if yes, has it been more or less than 72 hours since the transfer?

Let us know and we'll take it from there, thanks!

ChrGriffin

Hey - I tried seneding a text to myself and I did receive it instantly.

I know one contact, at the bare minimum, receives my texts - because they're the one I keep texting 'try replying to my text now' and they email or call me back and say they sent a reply (which I don't receive). I can only assume other contacts receive my texts as well.

I am able to place and receive phone calls with no issue.

My phone's memory better not be full, it's only a month old, haha (I checked and I have used ~24GB, out of 60GB, so definitely not full).

My number was ported in, however that was around a month ago at this point.

Hello @ChrGriffin,

After a quick Google search it seems as though this is a common issue with the G6, try some of the suggestions in the article here.

patrickchan
I'm experienced level 1
I'm experienced level 1

this is true, the LG G6 series as well as LG G5 have problems, you have to change the mobile.

1: try to use an different android device, other then LG, see if the problems still exists.

2: then exchange the LG, for another LG or another device

3: change the sim card again.

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

@ChrGriffin try sending yourself a text message and see if you receive it.