Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G3 - Is is really LTE on Fido?

Rob_Fido
Fido Employee
Fido Employee

Hi,

I'm looking to get a new phone and have been doing some research. A phone that really interests me is the LG G3. The device is listed by Fido as being an LTE device using the following bands:

• LTE Bands: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
  • HSPA: 850/1900/2100 MHz
  • GSM: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz

On the Fido coverage map page Fido describes LTE as "LTE, or “Long Term Evolution”, is the global gold standard in wireless network technology. Far superior to previous technologies such as 3G and 4G HSPA+"

What concerns me is that the LTE bands used by Fido for LTE are 2100 MHz + 2600 Mhz. The specs for the LG G3 on the product description page say that the LG G3 uses Bands 850/900/1800/1900 MHz for LTE and not 2100 MHz or 2600 MHz.

If I get a new device I want to make sure that I can fully benefit from the features of my device on the Fido network and it doesn't seem to me that the LG G3 can actually use LTE at Fido. It seems to me that the maximum speeds I can attain with the LG G3 would be HSPA on the 2100 MHz frequency which is far inferior to LTE as described on the coverage page.

I want to know if this is true that I cannot use the LG G3 on the Fido LTE network to optain LTE data transfer speeds. I'm trying to make an informed decision about my next smartphone purchase and it's unclear to me if the LG G3 can actually attain LTE data transfer speeds or if the max speed is HSPA+. 

***Edited to add labels***

3 REPLIES 3

Automagic
I'm a contributor level 1
I'm a contributor level 1
Pretty sure Fido goofed on the specs of the phone. It also states 1.2MP front camera when it's actually 2.1MP.

See the correct specs for the G3 on the Rogers website, which is the same one Fido is offering:
http://www.rogers.com/web/link/wirelessBuyFlow?forwardTo=PhoneThenPlan&productType=normal&productId_...

I ordered my G3 on Friday from Fido and it should arrive by UPS tomorrow. Pretty good deal considering I got to keep my old smart plan and had enough Fido Dollars to cover the cost of the phone.

Hi Automagic,

Just following up on this to let you know that the website has been updated with the correct information: http://bit.ly/1CU49cW.

Once again, we thank you taking time to flag the error. 

Hi Rob_Fido, I can assure you the LG G3 is indeed an LTE compatible phone and will work on our network. 

Regarding the specs of the front facing camera Automagic, you are absolutely right! I contacted the team in charge to correct it ASAP. Thanks for pointing that out!