cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Its time to upgrade my wifes phone

howardsiu
I'm helpful level 2
I'm helpful level 2

Its time to upgrade my wifes phone. She like iPhone and I see that the iPhone 6S and the iPhone 7 is the same price if you pay for it. What is really the different between them?

Can I get in contact with loyalty department here?

Thank you Smiley

5 REPLIES 5

howardsiu
I'm helpful level 2
I'm helpful level 2

Thanks for the info. Seems like the iPhone 7 is slightly better than the iPhone 6S not by much other than the water resistance. So if I wanted to upgrade my wife's phone using the same plan she have right now? how much would it be for the 6S and the 7? Thank you.

EFTC
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

With Apple, I would always go with the most current phone that is affordable.  For your case, I would go with the 7 instead of the 6s. It's not because I don't care about the lack of headphone jack on the 7; instead it is the support (OS update) I will be getting from Apple.  

Just look at it this way. The 7 is 1 year old, and you sign a 2 year contract with Fido.  By the time your contract is over, the phone is 3 years old from date of release.  Apple will probably still provide OS updates for a 3 year old phone, but there is no guarantee that it will still provide OS updates for a 4 year old iphone 6s.  Most likely they will, but there is no guarantee. 

Hi @howardsiu,

You can check out the prices for both models here.

I'll send you a PM so we can check out your wife's plan together.

For future reference in regards to any account related questions, you can also contact us through one of the methods here.

the form is done Smiley

FidoStephen
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hey @howardsiu!

You can compare the two models here to see each and every difference. You just need to select each model from the drop-down.

Check it out and let us know if you have any questions!