cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet stick doesn't start when plugged into my computer

Jimm
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

The FIDO internet stick doesn't always start when I plug it into my computer, sometimes it can take as long as 10 minutes to recognize it, often I have to reboot the computer, wait until it is fully restarted, and then plug it in to have it start the program.  When I double click the icon it does nothing.  I'm ready to cancell this service and go to another company.  I have tried removing and re-installing the program, same results.

***Edited to add labels***

1 REPLY 1

FidoJudhy
Former Moderator
Former Moderator
Hey Jimm!

Here is a little bit of troubleshooting which I hope will help you in resolving the issue:

1- Verify that you have no other modems installed on your computer since other modem driver / software can interfere with the modem software / drivers.
2- Try with a different USB port (the ones on the rear of the PC/MAC are usually recommended.
3- Ensure the SIM is 3G and is properly inserted:
a. Remove the protection cap.
b. Lift the cover of the SIM card slot.
c. Insert the SIM card. Ensure that the contact surface on the card is facing down, and the bevelled corner is on the right.
4- Try on another computer. If the issue does not persist, there would be something wrong with the computer and not with the stick.

If this does not help, I would have to refer you to a store for the Repair and loaner service. They would send your stick for repair and if they have one available, they would lend you a stick in the meantime.

To find the nearest store from you which offers this service, please click on the following link:

http://www.fido.ca/storelocator

Please make sure that you click on the check box next to Repair and Loaner service in order to only find the stores which offer it.

Please keep us updated! Smiley