cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If Galaxy S5 Prime (Galaxy F) is carried, will the price of S5 drop?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey guys & gals,

Does anyone who's be more active here know IF Fido will carry the Galaxy S5 Prime?  If so, would they just make it say 100$ more expensive than regular S5, or would they drop the price of the S5?

Thinking of upgrading from S2 to S5 but 400$ on Tab24 is max Im willing to put upfront.... so if price of the S5 will drop when the Prime comes out, then id rather wait!

Educated guesses?

3 REPLIES 3

Roskov
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1
Nobody here knows if fido will carry the S5 Prime until it is actualy on the front page of fido.ca
Now about the price decrease for s5. I would expect fido to lower it at some point but couldn't tell you when. S4 full price is 700$ just like the S5. When S4 came out it was also about 450$ on smart plan and now is 250$ on smart plan, so I would assume same thing would be the case to S5 at some point but no idea when...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Did the S4 on smartplan pricedrop at the moment the S5 came out or was it a few months later?  The S5 Prime is scheduled for release in Canada in the autumn if my internet sources are accurate. So that would help me find out if S5 price would be dropped at that moment or say 6 months after the S5 Prime comes on board...if it comes on board.

Roskov
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

@Anonymous wrote:

Did the S4 on smartplan pricedrop at the moment the S5 came out or was it a few months later?  The S5 Prime is scheduled for release in Canada in the autumn if my internet sources are accurate. So that would help me find out if S5 price would be dropped at that moment or say 6 months after the S5 Prime comes on board...if it comes on board.

Yes and no. I remember the s4 changing prices every month or so. Dropping to around 350 or so around christmas but then go back to 450$. Then again went down to 350 and back. Then it is true that around april went to 200$ when S5 was announced then back to 250$.

But S4 was out for so long at that point (almost 1 year) which makes sense. If S5 would go down, I would guess it would be when S6 comes out. Maybe during winter holidays too, but I doubt it will drop in price 3 months after release...