cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IPhone and Fido

innova42
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I wonder if anyone else is having this problem with the IPhone and Fido.

I purchased an IPhone from Fido in Nov 2009. After the new IPhone 4 came out the OS had changed. Everytime I upgrade or back up my phone problems start to arise.

1.)  The phone has a very slow response time.

2.)  The phone drops enormous amount of calls.

3.)  Reception is very poor even when I have 4 bars.

The other thing is the response from Fido themselves. They keep telling me this phone is defective. Well this is my second IPhone from apple and the problem still exists. I have kept up my part of the contract by paying my bills on time everytime with no satisfaction from fido themselves.I would like one company to back the products they sell once. I know my company does.

So if your looking at buying an Iphone from Fido make sure its the newer one and hope that when IPhone 5 comes out they don't automatically update your phone to the 5 OS. I'm sure the phone will do the same thing.

RK

***Edited to add labels***

2 REPLIES 2

FidoStephen
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi everyone,

10yearfido is correct, an iPhone will never be updated automatically. It must be done through a computer using iTunes. The OS is downloaded to the computer then sync'd to the phone.

Whenever you open iTunes and plug in your iPhone, you will see a prompt to update the OS if a newer one exists. Perhaps you had confirmed the update accidentally.

Have you brought the phone to Apple? You can make an appointment to meet with an Apple technician who can take a look at your phone live with you without you having to send it in for repair at a Fido store. Both times I brought my iPhone to the Apple store, they were able to fix it or exchange it on spot. Apple is the only manufacturer that fully supports their phones live with the consumer. If you are outside of the warranty, a repair or exchange may cost you, but the Apple tech will be able to confirm.

Hope this helps!

10yearfido
I'm an expert level 2
I'm an expert level 2

No iPhone ever made automatically updated itself. Ever.