cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huawei Nova Plus audio recording through video camera is horrible.

Bman58
I'm a contributor level 1

I have used the Note 3 and Samsung s4 for video recording and the sound is great. I was at a concert in September and recorded some clips with my S4 and zero problems. Just recently I was at another concert, exact same theatre, and loudness and recorded clips with my Nova Plus. It sounded like it was recorded under water. It was horrible. I thought maybe it was the theatre but the S4 did well. So I recorded in a brand new acoustically perfect church and got the same distorted uner water sound. I love this phone but to have that bad of a audio recording, I need help. If I hook to computer and put mp3 on the phone, it's fine. I just bought a few months ago and locked into contract, so past the 15 days. I checked and no updates for the phone. Thanks.

**Edited to add label

23 REPLIES 23

Bman58

Replacement has exact same problem. Not surprised as many are having this problem. I give up. Too much money and time trying to get this resolved. Lesson learned that even if your 3 previous devices did something extraordinarily well doesn't mean a new current model will do the same. I won't be responding to this post anymore and will be looking to replace this phone in the future. Thanks to everyone that has follwed this post and supported me. Signing off.

FidoRanya
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @Bman58 ,

Thanks for keeping us posted.

I'll send you a PM so we can review this together. 

Hey @mario05, thanks for reaching out.

Sorry to see you are having trouble with your phone.

You have 15 days Satisfaction Guarantee on the device. You would need to make sure not to exceed 30 minutes of voice usage within those days.

From there you can either have the phone replaced or simply return it for a full refund.

After that, you get in the 1 year manufacturer's warranty and the phone can't be replaced from there.

Did you get a chance to go back to the store to get the phone checked?