cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC Desire delivery

wmf
I'm a participant level 3

I ordered an HTC Desire on April 7th and was told it would be delivered within 7 working days.  I was billed on April 8th for the new Tab24 plan. Repeated checks with UPS every day for a status report resulted in messages that my order was not in their system. I received a verbal assurance on April 15th from Customer Service that the order had been processed and my phone would be shipped the fastest manner possible. On April 17 I again called Customer Service and was informed by "Jasmin" that the HTC Desire was backordered and wouldn't be available from the manufacturer for 4 to 6 WEEKS! My only option would be to cancel the order or wait for delivery - I asked to "go up the ladder"to try to resolve the problem or if I could pick up the phone at my local Fido store - response from Jasmin "no one else can help you and if you go to the Fido store you will have to pay for the phone and you will still be responsible for the "Tab24" agreement"!

I believe there is something wrong with this picture - this is a phone that was included in a national promotion signed by Hyun-Hee Pyun expiring April 30th - why do the stores have them but not your warehouse? Is your inventory control that poor?

wmf

***Edited to add labels***

8 REPLIES 8

FidoStephane

Hi there wmf,

Sorry to hear about this,

If you could pm (private message) me your phone number and ID information, I'll see if there is anything we can do to resolve this sooner.

I await your information

wmf

Stephane,

I am not sure if you got my message with my email address and Fido number - I received an email this morning saying that my posting had been removed. That was not my intention if I did something that caused it! 

Thankyou,

Bill

Edit: removed personal info

FidoStephen
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi wmf,

He is asking you to send him a Private Message (click on his name, then you'll see "Send this user a Private Message" on the right side. 

Please do not post personal information here. 

wmf

Sorry Stephen - I must be stupid and/or blind! When I click on Fido Stephane I do not see "Send this user a Private Message" on the right side nor anywhere else! How else can I contact him with my "personal Information"?

Thanks,

wmf

FidoStephen

I received your PM confirming that you were able to send Stephane a message. He will be following up with you. 

Hi there wmf, I finally received your PM, thanks.

According to your account, we've tried to reach you by phone multiple times to inform you that you can go in store to pick up the phone. They even left you messages.

So please call us, cancel the order, and then you can go pick it up in store.

wmf

Fido Stephane,

Thanks for whatever you have done - received confirmation from UPS this morning that my wife's phone should arrive here today! That confirm shows that the "original" order was processed April 14th not April 7th or 8th and UPS received the phone on April 29th!

I have no idea what phone number Fido has been calling or where they left messages - we are retired and home most of the time, we have an answering machine connected to our home phone number(your contact number) that is on 24/7 and there are no messages from Fido on it. My wife's old cell phone that was supposed to be upgraded to the HTC April 7th (and was billed for on April 8th) did not have a voice messaging feature and therefore until we receive the new phone we had no way of receiving Fido messages on that number!

I have been told by Fido "customer service" that I COULD NOT pick up the phone from the Fido store in West Vancouver and get the terms that I was given originally - including during a visit to that store with my wife on April 7th. And I was told by Fido Customer Service agent "Jasmin" on April 17th that the HTC Desire was back-ordered from the manufacturer for 4 to 6 weeks and that if I picked up the phone at a Fido store I would have to pay full price for it and be responsible for the Tab24 plan set up April 7-8! This even though I was paid up on the old phone and prepaid(by Amex card PAP) until April 28th! 

All that being said, I have talked to many Fido people over the last almost 4 weeks who tried very hard to resolve my problems and, with the exception of Jasmin, were quite pleasant and willing to help but just don't appear to have the knowledge and/or resources to do their job.

After we receive the phone and get it set up(West Van Fido has offered to help) I will, with your permission, contact you again though this venue should we run into more difficulties.

Thanks again,

FidoStephen

Glad to hear that! Please keep us updated.