So, I've done quite a bit using the customer support line from fido however there hasnt been a definitive solution.
1.) I have an unlocked HP Veer (AT&T) running webOS 2.1
2.) Newest Sim Card you can get
3.) HP Veer 4G is the official monicker for the phone, and supports FAUX G (4G NON-LTE aka 3G HSPA+)
- I don't get 3G HSPA+ Connections in downtown Vancouver, BC or... anywhere
How do I know?
- Taking this phone down in Seattle WA, the symbol changed from 3G to H+ , H+ being HSPA+ or aka Faux G
- Sales rep for a fido store has a Galaxy S2 on fido, with HSPA+
What have I done?
- Updated APN Settings, they are currently set to:
This setting, I didn't need to input to access 3G connections but I put em on anyway but still no 3G HSPA+
- Updated my Sim Card, even though it was a NEW sim card - sales rep told me it might be my sim card
- Call Fido: "Sorry, we do not have HSPA+ or 4G HSPA+ or HSPA 4G" <-- this is after I spent five minutes describing to him what HSPA+ is and how its called "4G" but its not really 4G ..
Called Fido Again: "Sorry we do not have HSPA+ yet, we're still launching it next year"
Did they work?
-- was wondering if I need to get my account activated for HSPA+ support .. what exactly is it that I need to do to have my phone recognize or be within the network's HSPA+ ? aka Faux G (4G)
***Edited to add labels***
Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm not sure why you were both told that Fido does not have HSPA+. We most certainly do.
There is no specific account provisioning needed for HSPA+. As long as you have a compatible phone and a data add-on, you should be good to go.
Unfortunately it is hard for us at Fido to troubleshoot a non-Fido phone, so I will resurface this post to see if anyone in the community can help any further.
@ Community - can anyone shed some light?