cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Going over data limit

SteveMaudsley
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I just received notification that I had used 11GB of data on my iPad.  I have had this device for 2 years a, typically, each month I used 3 to 4GB of data.  I cannot determine why only 11 days into the billing cycle I suddenly have used almost 3 times by normal amount of data.

I was told that an unused app may be using data.  However, I have not downloaded any new apps in the past few months.  I typically only use iHeart radio, Linkedin, and Bell media.

Can anyone tell how this over usage happened?

1 REPLY 1

FidoMaria
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hi SteveMaudsley!

Excessive data usage can usually be attributed to things like spotty wifi connection, Facebook (because they have videos that play and replay constantly embedded directly into the page), and very commonly from Facetime. Different Apps might also consume heavy and regular amounts of data when not in use and not closed off properly. Also nowadays, there’s also the use of the Cloud. Accessing anything stored in iCloud uses data.

I hope this helps! You can also use our data calculator to see which type of usage consumed that much data. You can access it here. > http://bit.ly/FidoDataEN

Cheers!