cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fido MMS finally working on non-fido branded blackberries

Anonymous
Not applicable

I just tested my unlocked Rogers Pearl with my Fido sim, and had someone sent me an MMS,  to my supprise, the MMS received just fine on the phone.  There quite possibly was a recent change made in the service books ,the MMS service book record now has the correct IP address for Fido's MMS Access Point.  Yay great job RIM and Fido.

Be sure to click likes for those who have helped you!
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s).

***Edited to add labels***

7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

both sending and receiving works on my end, yes

spegs
I'm experienced level 1
I'm experienced level 1
Did you have to do anything to your phone? On my old 9700 there wasn't even the option to send an MMS while with Fido

luqman24
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

No it just appeared for me after a reboot and i was finally able to send and recieve MMS Messages. So now my Bold 9000 is in full function and will soon upgrade to the Bold 9780! Smiley

spegs
I'm experienced level 1
I'm experienced level 1
still doesn't work for me. Im running my unlocked Rogers 9780. maybe it doesnt work for OS6

AlexS
I'm a participant level 3
I'm a participant level 3

Sending and receiving both working perfectly for me.  Unlocked Bell 9700 running os 6.0.0.358.

Anonymous
Not applicable
try logging into e-mail settings portal and send the service books to your handset. if that doesn't work, you can always call up fido and give them the imei for your BB and tell them to set that as your current imei.

spegs
I'm experienced level 1
I'm experienced level 1

Have you been able to send an MMS as well? Im getting the Bold 9780 next week, since i destroyed my 9700. Hopefully the service books will all be in place!