cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fairness of reservation system

archc22
I'm helpful level 1
I'm helpful level 1

Do you think it's fair that people who calls into Fido and speaks to rep gets iPhone 5 faster than reservation system people?

So, people who want iPhone 5 in beginning before launch and probably the first few weeks after launched were told by Fido Reps that they would have to use the system if they want a device. Now, Fido reps are taking orders through calls and these customers are receiving devices faster than people who used the reservation system... As well, later on those who ordered through with online rep also gets the $50 credit if it passes 14days and without needing to put a temporary deposit hassle.

I reserved the phone on Sept 18 and now only in-progress..

While we have someone ordered on Oct 3 and already received their phone on Oct 25...

***Edited to add labels***

9 REPLIES 9

LucidEvening
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

Well, just to be fair, not everyone can order via the phone from Fido for an iPhone 5. The reservation system is more a "public" waiting list to guarantee yourself an iPhone 5 at some point from the time it was publicly released. Considering the reservation system was accepting orders before the public launch, it would have been wise to start doing so if you wanted an iPhone 5 as quick as possible.

People who call in are probably inquiring about the possibilities of upgrading and are getting priority because they probably wanted to upgrade but at a significant cost because their contract isn't finished yet or for other reasons. To keep them as future customers, they must attempt to send them an iPhone 5 within the time they expect they can send it to them (I believe it was around 2 - 3 weeks). However, the downside is that you cannot track the status of your iPhone 5 unlike the reservation system. With the reservation system, you can always find out the status of your iPhone before shipment and after shipment. I'm not sure if a shipment number is given for orders done via the phone, but I assume they do as with the reservation system.

_________________________________________________________________________________________
iPhone 5 - White 16 GB

archc22
I'm helpful level 1
I'm helpful level 1
from I read the reservation system was for fido customer with an account.. not public wait list.
I do have a contract and is about to end soon. Im about to renew but was told to use the reservation system instead of ordering online

archc22
I'm helpful level 1
I'm helpful level 1
regardless whether certain ppl can call into order or not.
the wait time should be identical. after all, aren't we all fido customers?
those who orders thru phone should be added to the end of the queue in system.

molonlave
I'm a contributor level 1

Same here.

I am seriously thinking of telling fido to take a hike after 10 years of them being my service provider.

When Rogers took fido over,fido stinks.

I am going to Telus or Bell if they dont impress me.

I am very disappointed with Fido.

Futureshop has the phones and so does Best buy.But the people who reserved have to wait for weeks.

I dont understand.They are sending 50 and 100 dollar credits for nothing and making alot of customers angry.

LucidEvening
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

@molonlave wrote:
I dont understand.They are sending 50 and 100 dollar credits for nothing and making alot of customers angry.

I never knew giving back credits was a bad thing. Seems like I'm in the minority. My White iPhone 5 16 GB is now in progress and I'm getting $100 credit. Plus I get back the $40 reservation fee when my iPhone 5 ships. Sometimes. waiting always has its rewards.

_________________________________________________________________________________________
iPhone 5 - White 16 GB

molonlave

Its great for the customer but not for fido.

Doesnt make sence.

LucidEvening
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

@molonlave wrote:

Its great for the customer but not for fido.

Doesnt make sence.

How does that not make sense? Fido wants people to stay with them and giving credits is a thanks for waiting for the iPhone 5. Why would you question their generosity? I'm completely dumbfounded upon your perspective of the situation.

iPhone 5 - White 16 GB

molonlave

Because they are losing money.

They shouldve made the reservation system more cost effective.

LucidEvening
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

@molonlave wrote:

Because they are losing money.

They shouldve made the reservation system more cost effective.

Lol. With the upgraded QC at Foxconn, there will be reduced shipments worldwide. If Fido has no shipments to send out, what is it going to do? People would simply be mad at Fido because the lines are moving slow. To compensate for this long wait, the credits are the only thing they can do now. Even if Fido does have a loss, they'll still have their own customers to charge from later on.

iPhone 5 - White 16 GB