cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECF for upgrading iPhone

jonathanvvwang
I'm a participant level 2

My contract for iphone started march 2011 and will end march 2014. I'm currently thinking of upgrading it to an iPhone5S, I am wondeing how much ECF do I have to pay and how is that calculated. Thank you

***Edited to add labels***

4 REPLIES 4

10yearfido
I'm an expert level 2
I'm an expert level 2

@jonathanvvwang wrote:

My contract for iphone started march 2011 and will end march 2014. I'm currently thinking of upgrading it to an iPhone5S, I am wondeing how much ECF do I have to pay and how is that calculated. Thank you

Because the factorsand rules for determining ECF have changed a lot and repeatedly over the last couple years, you are best to call in and have them verify. ECF used to be basically a fixed rate for the first 26 months of you contract and then it would drop in the last 10 months. It's changed a few times but now it is calculated based on the amount of your subsidy and the number of months remaining. But you would fall under the terms at the time you last renewed, which in your case was before the switch to the tab based system. Because of all of the variables, your only way to get a reliable answer is to call Fido.

jonathanvvwang

I called and those reps gave me different answers. I don't know what to do now.

@jonathanvvwang wrote:

I called and those reps gave me different answers. I don't know what to do now.

That's unfortunate. Maybe one of our social media types here can help you out.

Call us one last time and tell the rep that you called a few times already, received differnet answers, and now you want a solid number. The rep should then tripple check and even confirm with a manager just in case to give you the final number. That final number will be your buyout cost, no matter what anyone says afterwards.