cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downloading Message Tones for the Galaxy Q

imsharkbait
I'm a participant level 3

Is there a way to dl message tones for the Samsung Galaxy Q, or am I stuck with the built in ones?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

***Edited to add labels***

5 REPLIES 5

Grandizer
I'm experienced level 3
I'm experienced level 3

Why not make your own custom ones and put it into the phone (ringtones, notifications or alarms)? It's not hard in Android. Just convert/crop the files you currently have into mp3 format and place into the appropriate folders.

imsharkbait

Thanks for the response and I just got my first android phone, so can you tell me what folder mesage tones go into? Please and thank you.  Have a good evening.

Grandizer
I'm experienced level 3
I'm experienced level 3
Yeah, I'm using Android for the first time too and this was one of the first things I went to and looked up. Wink

Using a file explorer, look for a 'Media' folder in the root directory. You should see 'Audio' in the 'Media' folder. Then 'Alarms', 'Notifications' and 'Rintones' in the 'Audio' folder. If none of them exist, simply create a new folder for whichever folders are missing.

Once that's out of the way, simply copy and paste the mp3 files into the appropriate folder you want to use them in.

Basically in the end, the paths should look like this:
\Media\Audio\Alarms
\Media\Audio\Notifications
\Media\Audio\Ringtones

HTH.

imsharkbait

Thanks again, have a wonderful evening.

imsharkbait