cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Do not upgrade to iOS 6

afiglee
I'm a participant level 1

You may loose data connection. I see sign 3G, see "hourglass" trying to connect.

But no more. Needless to say Fido representative has no idea how to solve this. 

Sent me to Apple paid support.

IPhone 4.

***Edited to add labels***

9 REPLIES 9

Kevronamous
I'm a participant level 3
I'm a participant level 3

I'm still rolling with a 3GS. iOS 5 almost bricked my phone, ran like absolute junk after the update. Naturally, i was pretty hesitant about updating again to iOS 6 but im glad i did. Phone runs waaaaay better now than it ever did on iOS5.

rjedward
I've recently upgraded to 6 and am now unable to use 3g. I get a no service message until I turn 3G off and run on Edge. Anyone?

Beerbelly53
I'm a participant level 2

cant say if it is from the upgrade I did Saturday afternoon the 29th, yesterday, but all was good till this afternoon, iPhone 4 touch screen jumpy, I guess I would say, texting: touch the letter 0 once and I get 4 of them and another letter, singing in with 4 numbers, says to me wrong password 4 times, then on the 5th it recgonizes it, screen goes in and out when touched. know idea what is going on, never had this problem in the year I have had Iphone 4, so curious if it is from the upgrade? that was almost a gig of info it put through..I did take out the sim card wait 30 seconds and replace twice but to no effect.

Beerbelly53

Just an update don't want to give out wrong information, my iPhone 4 problem was solved with powering off, wait then power on again, no more touchy screen and no more filling past the screen and coming in again, thought it might have been iOS 6 upgrade as in the timing of it and never experiencing this anomaly before, but no just fixed with a simple power off and on again. So in retrospect my iOS 6 upgrade is great, other than the music dose not show album covers when in albums like it did before and smaller icons, when you choose a album it shows the cover but not in the initial page.

Nas_Sahadath
Hey my problem just started today. Lost service and data and could still see network bars, fido, and 3G. Couple hours after service worked for 5-10 mins and then gone again. Tried restarting phone. And resetting network as per tech support. No use. Only advice the tech support girl gave was that I should use data without 3G. Otherwise I need to take it to apple. Really?! Is that what fido calls customer service. At least say that u don't know what the issue is. And that there have been other calls with similar issues and are making reports to pass on to your superiors. How hard is it to do some actual work?! I should work for fido tech support and bs the clients and get paid for it.

What sense does that make if for the past week since the day ios6 came out I've been using iOS 6 and 3G with no issues. And I'm sure others out there would go onto forums and write about there iPhone 4S problems with ios6.

ahmed44

No problem here after the upgrade

darkroxy3
I'm a contributor level 1
I'm a contributor level 1

Mine find too, I just miss the google map app! And the different colors look weird to me.

benbenben2012
I'm helpful level 1
I'm helpful level 1

No problem here..

FidoDTWN

I upgraded to iOS 6 on my Iphone 4. 3G works fine.