Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Damaged phone in hands of Fido and Futurtel

Nadiah
I'm a participant level 2

Hi, 

Im on a 2yr contract with Fido for a samsung galaxy s8 and no device protection. 

I recently took my phone to a fido branch because it had overheating issues. They shipped it off to Futuretel and i got it after a weeks time. 

I received my phone with scratches on the screen that were not there before. Fido says its not their responsibility and Futuretel says its not their responsibility. 

What should i do? The phone is barely 6 months old.

3 REPLIES 3

FidoCharles
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @Nadiah

Welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear about all that. A couple of questions here.

Is the phone still having overheating issues?

Everything else works fine?

Did you contact the Fido store that sent the device? They were aware that there was no scratches on the screen?

Nadiah

Hey @FidoCharles,

Thank you. 

To answer your questions.

Is the phone still having overheating issues? The phone is slightly overheating. Its not as bad as it was before. I also noticed that the right side of my screen where it overheats looks shinnier than the rest of the screen. Like it melted.

Everything else works fine? Theres abit of the lag with the scrolling on web pages. Like its hanging and that was not a problem before.

Did you contact the Fido store that sent the device? Yes, i did. I actually spoke to the manager of the store and he straight up said there's nothing that can be done.

They were aware that there was no scratches on the screen? Yes!, when the attendant handed me my phone the first thing i asked was why  it had scratches. 

Hey @Nadiah,

Thanks for all the information Smiley It's really appreciated. 

We'll need to investigate the situation to determine what happened here. In order to do so, we'd need access to your account! 

I'll send you a PM and we'll continue over there.